Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Even Close!

Poll

How good can the Sun Devils be?

[ 1 ]
    Not Even Close! I_vote_lcap100%Not Even Close! I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Not Even Close! I_vote_lcap0%Not Even Close! I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    Poll closed
    mavdb23
    mavdb23

Not Even Close! Empty Not Even Close!

Post  mavdb23 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 pm

It looks like what Coach Graham said to the media the other day really got the team going. The offense was more of the same from last week with Brock Osweiler going 26 of 36 for 412 yards and 4 touchdowns, proving that Arizona State's passing attack may be the best in the nation. Making the offense even more dangerous this game was the threat of the run as Cameron Marshall had 18 carries for 123 yards and two touchdowns, along with Kyle Middlebrooks who added about 50 yards and a touchdowns in a game where ASU rushed for about 200 yards total. On the defensive side the Sun Devils continued to defend the pass well as Missouri's quarterback went 5 of 23 for 73 yards and an interception, another interception was added when Josey threw a pass out of wildcat. Getting the interceptions were safety Eddie Elder and Star senior corner Omar Bolden whose returns also gave the Sun Devils good position all day. The team also added another 6 sacks, 2 coming from Junior Onyleai and another two from Greg Smith. Now in terms of the run defense this was a breakthrough game for them as they held Missouri to 79 yards on 24 attempts for a weak 3.3 yard average. The Sun Devils looked much stronger this week like they are no longer beleiving their hype which will help them. Now after dismantling a Top 25 teams the question needs to be asked how good can these Devils be?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 am