Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Governor's Cup

TheEnd0fDay
    TheEnd0fDay

The Governor's Cup Empty The Governor's Cup

Post  TheEnd0fDay Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:54 am

Coach Outlaws thoughts on next weeks big game.

"Well you know these kids look forward to this game every year most of the in state kids grew up watching this game and dreaming of one day playing in it. So the intincity level will be there on both sides of the ball everyone is going to be flying around trying to make a play. This being my first year here i took a look of the 2010 game and i saw some good things but what i do know is that you have to start strong and finish stronger. Last year the wildcats opened the first quarter with 13 points and in the fourth quarter they put up 0. Now thats one thing that cant happen this year Louisville is a good ball club and no one likes losing a rivalry game and that coaching staff does not want to lose two in a row. We are going to have to play every second of this game full speed if not Louisville will run us right over. Thats somthing im going to preach this week so be looking for some extra conditioning at practice."
    TheEnd0fDay
    TheEnd0fDay

The Governor's Cup Empty Post game with John Outlaw

Post  TheEnd0fDay Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:51 am

Local Reporter> Coach can you tell us how you feel about tonights victory?

Coach Law> Well you take any win you can get thats for sure but on the other side i liked the way our kids faught hard all game and never once quit. If you took a look in the second quarter we wearnt doing so good. Then we got two big plays by our defence to get the ball back and we where right back in it. There where also alot of things i didnt like starting off with QB Newton he didnt make some smart choices out there he threw 2 int's one to a drag route when we had a guy 15 yards over all alone. Then another sanders had his guy beat bye 3 or 4 steps and we just didnt put enough on it and it went straight to the defender. That cant happen in any ball game.

Local Reporter> Why was Louiville's RB able to run free for the most part of the game finishing with 252 yards?

Coach Law> Anderson opened up the game with a 50 + run for a touchdown so we knew we where in for some trouble the whole first half he just couldnt be brought down and if he did he kept fighting for 2 or 3 yard on every tackle. However us going ahead a touchdown before halftime and getting the ball back in the 2nd worked out great. During halftime we decided as long as we can keep the passing game locked down and force the running back to one side of the field our defence should make some plays and other than another big run late in the game thats exactly what our defence did. All in all thats a great player and if you have to do that for any individual then thats obviously a very special talent.

Local Reporter> Thanks Coach see you next week vs Florida.

Coach Law> Thank You.

[img]The Governor's Cup Brooks11[/img]

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:44 am