Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening Day!

mavdb23
    mavdb23

Opening Day! Empty Opening Day!

Post  mavdb23 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:11 am

Coach Graham is hoping to start off things right in Tempe this year as his team hosts the Hilltoppers on opening day. The Sun Devil faithful have plenty to be excited about as they come in to the season ranked #25 in the Nation and one of the favorites to win the Pac 12 South. When asked about the lofty expectations Coach Graham responded "That isn't what is at the top of my mind right now, I'm concerned about Western Kentucky and their players. We need to come out play well, keep the penalties low and take care of the football." A major thing about that statement was keeping penalties low, as ASU has been one of the most highly penalized teams in the Nation in recent years under former Coach Dennis Erickson. This is a matchup the Sun Devils should roll in as they are just a much more talented team starting with their middle linebacker Vontaze Burfict. Burfict has been a force ever since coming out of high school and has impressed college scouts who compare him to Ray Lewis coming out of college+. On the offensive side they are led by first year starter Junior Brock Osweiler who stands at 6' 8" and should be able to help the offense move done the field effectively and effeciently. All in all this should be a warm up game for the Sun Devils as I predict a 42-7 victory for the Sun Devils.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:58 pm