Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Fowler Blames Himself for Teams Week 1 Performance

Letemburn
    Admin

Coach Fowler Blames Himself for Teams Week 1 Performance Empty Coach Fowler Blames Himself for Teams Week 1 Performance

Post  Letemburn Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 am

The Louisville Cardinals had a very frustrating performance week 1 against UTEP. Pulling out a 35-21 victory was not enough for the Coach, he was very displeased by the performance of his team. Coach Fowler said the performance was very "lackluster" and puts the blame on himself. "I must prepare these kids more, were a young team, we played down to the talent level. We have to go out and give 100% every week, and its my job to motivate these kids to do just that"

The Cardinals were lifted by RB Victor Anderson's rushing attack, and 3 defensive TD's (6 int's) from the defense. "The defense played good but allowed too many big plays, we got a little too aggressive on D and just flat out handed them three TD's. We cant do that against many opponents and expect to come out on top." stated Coach Strong the defensive coordinator of the Louisville Cardinals when asked how he felt his defense played. Victor Anderson sat out two quarters due to a injury after playing part of the 1st quarter but came back and saw the field in the 4th quarter to go over 100 yards rushing in the game. Victor Anderson also had a kickoff return for a TD that was called back due to clipping.

QB Teddy Bridgewater must play better if the Cardinals would like to be in the discussion for the Big East Championship. Bridgewater completed just 11 passes on 33 attempts for 173 yards and 1 interception. Teddy also fumbled the ball two times, with the defense recovering one. "I expect Bridgewater to get things going as the season progresses, freshman sometimes tend to try to do to much and get over excited, and i think he did just that." said Coach Fowler. "My job is to get tthis kid prepared week in and week out and I plan on doing just that."

*Bridgewater did account for a Louisville TD with a 7 yard run, but finished the game with -27 yards on 8 rushing att.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:12 am