Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Coach Graham disgusted!

Poll

Will Arizona State be able to stop the Tigers?

[ 4 ]
    Coach Graham disgusted! I_vote_lcap100%Coach Graham disgusted! I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Coach Graham disgusted! I_vote_lcap0%Coach Graham disgusted! I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    mavdb23
    mavdb23

Coach Graham disgusted! Empty Coach Graham disgusted!

Post  mavdb23 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 pm

The Sun Devils are very unhappy with their performance on the defensive side of the ball. Stopping the pass wasn't a problem as Kawaun Jakes only went 11 out of 27 for 160 yards and two interceptions. Running the ball wasn't the same because as a team Western Kentucky had 37 rushing attempts for 324 yards for an average of 8.8 yards per carry.Leading the way for the Hilltoppers was Bobby Rainey who had 22 rushes for 254 yards for 3 touchdowns, although most of the yards came on one run of 80 yards and another from 86 yards. The passing defense as a whole was much more effective as the Sun Devils sacked Jakes 8 times total, with Junior Onyleai, Greg Smith and Vontaze Burfict. Burfict played pretty well compared to everyone else as he also forced a fumble on the ten which was then picked up and brought in for a touchdown. The Sun Devils also had two interceptions one by safety Keelan Johnson the other by Deveron Carr. The Sun Devils didgreat with 555 yards through the air and another 75 on the ground. Brock Osweiler went 22 of 26 for 453 yards, 4 touchdowns and one interception while back up Taylor Kelly went 5 of 6 for 102 yards and touchdowns. On the rushing side of the ball it became pretty evident that they liked to run the ball in the redzone as with only 100 yards total they had 3 touchdowns for Cameron Marshall, and one for Kyle Middlebrooks. All in all the run defense will need to be much better when the Ranked Missouri Tigers come to town.
    Letemburn
    Admin

Coach Graham disgusted! Empty Re: Coach Graham disgusted!

Post  Letemburn Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 am

I expect arizona st. to ste up and handle the tigers fairly easy. I see Burfict getting that defense ready.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:37 pm